Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Jay's 6 Month Round-Up

WOWZA!! Can you believe that 2020 is almost over?! Here's a look at what I, Jay, have read so far this year...

Reading Quotes Stock Illustrations – 180 Reading Quotes Stock ...

Total # of books read: 77
Total # of pages read: 19,992
Total # of audiobook hours: 253.2
Total # of DNFs: 5
Average Rating: 4.013

(Links to Goodreads)
Favorite Thriller read: Either The Wives by Tarryn Fisher or Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage
Favorite Contemporary Fiction read: The Reckless Oath We Made by Bryn Greenwood
Favorite Romance read: Get A Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbett
Favorite Memoir read: Know My Name by Chanel Miller
Favorite Sci-Fi read: Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore
Favorite Fantasy read: Let It All Burn by Denise Grover Swank
Favorite Non-Fiction read: The Only Plane in the Sky by Garrett M. Graff
Favorite Mystery read: A Nearly Normal Family by M.T. Edvardsson
Favorite Historical Fiction read: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Favorite Middle Grade or Young Adult read: One of Us is Next by Karen M. McManus
Favorite Classic read: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Favorite ARC read: When the Bough Breaks by Denise Grover Swank

Favorite Overall Read: Know My Name by Chanel Miller

Books I recommend EVERYONE read (Links to Goodreads): 
Know My Name by Chanel Miller
High Achiever by Tiffany Jenkins
The Only Plane in the Sky by Garrett M. Graff
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Books that surprised me (Links to Goodreads):

Darling Rose Gold - I just built that one up so much in my head that I was a little let down. It was definitely still a good book though! 

Fahrenheit 451 - I definitely tend to avoid classics, but I actually really enjoyed this one! It's crazy though because I could definitely see it happening in real life. 

Know My Name - Just the subject matter gives me chills.

Let It All Burn - When my favorite author said she was going to write a paranormal book I was like um...no? Fantasy is never my thing. But I loved it!

Five Star Reads of 2020 (Links to Five Star Friday):
The Wives by Tarryn Fisher
I Can Be A Better You by Tarryn Fisher
Let It All Burn by Denise Grover Swank
The Killer Across the Table by John E. Douglas
Her Scream in the Silence by Denise Grover Swank
A Nearly Normal Family by M.T. Edvardsson
When the Bough Breaks by Denise Grover Swank
The Only Plane in the Sky by Garrett M. Graff
Know My Name by Chanel Miller

DNF (Links to Goodreads):
An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mendel
Sadie by Courtney Summers
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamandah Ngoze Adichie
The Genius of Women by Janice Kaplan

Most Anticipated Read for the Rest of 2020 (Link to Goodreads): Layla by Colleen Hoover

Quotes About Life :What to do if your goals scare you - Quotes ...

How am I doing on my goals I set back in January?

Read at least 5 classic novels: 1/5
Expand my reading into more non-fiction: Oh, I definitely have.
Reach 500 followers on Bookstagram: We're right around 800!
Read 120 books: 77/120
Finish Denise Grover Swank's backlist: By my count, she's written 66 books (if you count Let Sleeping Dogs Lie and The Rose Journals from her newsletter - which she plans on publishing at some point). I've read 41.

No comments:

Post a Comment