Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Meet Caffeine and Kindles

Hey everyone, I'm Jay - the Iowa half of Caffeine and Kindles. I'm a special education teacher at a small town Iowa school. I live with my husband, who I've loved for more than half of my life, and our pre-schooler. I've loved reading for as long as I can remember and I'm always reading more than one book at a time. At any given moment, you can find me reading a physical book, an ebook, and probably an audiobook too.


Quick Facts about Jay --


Favorite Genre: Thrillers

Favorite Book of 2019: Someone Knows by Lisa Scottoline

Five Top Authors (in no particular order):
1. Colleen Hoover 
2. Tarryn Fisher
3. Denise Grover Swank
4. Lisa Scottoline 
5. Sarah Dessen

Five Fav Books (in no particular order):
1. It Ends With Us - Colleen Hoover 
2. Flowers For Algernon - Daniel Keyes
3. A Child Called "It" - Dave Pelzer
4. Go Ask Alice - Anonymous
5. The Running Dream - Wendelin Van Draanen

Fav Caffeinated Drink: White chocolate creme de menthe latte

Fav Bookish Podcast: Sarah's Bookshelves Live

Bookish Goal(s) for 2020:
1. Read at least 5 classic novels
2. Expand my reading into more non-fiction
3. Reach 500 followers on our bookstagram
4. Read 120 books
5. Finish Denise Grover Swank's backlist

Biggest Bookish Goals:
1. Interview a famous author for our blog.
2. Be featured on Sarah's Bookshelves Live 
3. Go to Book Bonanza


Image result for reading quote"


Known as Meg on all of our social media sites.  Late 20 something, which I’m still having a hard time grasping.  When I don’t have my nose stuck in a book, you can find me hanging out with my family and friends, going to concerts or heading up to the lake in the summer months.  Jay has been my bestest for going on ten years and for the past 2.5, we’ve had our little nook of bookstagram at Caffeine and Kindles (formerly BibliophileBesties). I am so excited to launch this blog and our Twitter as well!





Quick Facts about Meg --


Favorite Genre: My cousin and I refer to them as “real people” books, but most refer to them as biographies and memoirs.  I also love a good romance.  

Favorite Book of 2019: Dude. Who came up with these questions? Y’know I can’t pick just one, but all right if I had to choose, I’d say Regretting You by Colleen Hoover.  I also picked up What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen after DNFing it a few years back and really got a lot out of it.  

Five Top Authors (in no particular order):
1. Colleen Hoover
2. Molly McAdams
3. Kelly Elliott
4. Tarryn Fisher
5. Karen Kingsbury

Five Fav Books (in no particular order): These are my Top Five Favorites that I could think of off the top of my head

1. The Ryan White Story by Ryan White and Ann M. Cunningham
2. It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
3. The With Me In Seattle Series by Kristen Proby
4. One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury
5. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein


Fav Caffeinated Drink: White Peppermint Mocha or if it’s in season, a Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew

Fav Bookish Podcast: Jay introduced me to Sarah’s Bookshelves Live and I really like it, that being said, it’s really the only one I listen to, so I’d love to hear your suggestions!

Bookish Goal(s) for 2020:
1. Review each book I read

2. Read 100 books
3. Reach 500 followers on our Instagram 4. Read at least 25 books that I bought prior to 2020.

Biggest Bookish Goals:
1. Go to the Strand Book Store in New York City. 
2. Reach 800 books read on Goodreads by my 30th birthday(April 2022) 3. Go to Book Bonanza

No comments:

Post a Comment