Friday, January 24, 2020

Five Star Friday 1

We love sharing books that we absolutely loved with you guys, so we came up with the idea for Five Star Friday(can you tell we also love alliteration?) 


I (Meg) had the first non-buddy read five star book for 2020, so I’ll kick this new feature off for us.  

Amazon

No Exit by Taylor Adams



Synopsis from Goodreads: On her way to Utah to see her dying mother, college student Darby Thorne gets caught in a fierce blizzard in the mountains of Colorado. With the roads impassable, she’s forced to wait out the storm at a remote highway rest stop. Inside, are some vending machines, a coffee maker, and four complete strangers.

Desperate to find a signal to call home, Darby goes back out into the storm . . . and makes a horrifying discovery. In the back of the van parked next to her car, a little girl is locked in an animal crate.

Who is the child? Why has she been taken? And how can Darby save her?


Genre? Thriller

Backlist? This is the newest book this author has published, Goodreads shows a couple older books as well.  

New to me Author? Yes, and I was actually surprised when I was reading the about me and realized the author was male and not female. 

Why I rated it 5 stars? 

"Wow. This book was just wow. I often have the same thought Darby did throughout much of the book, how much would be different if I had or hadn't made even just one decision differently. It's not lost on me that my only two 5 star books so far this year have been thrillers. My best friend may just be rubbing off on me after all. "

This was what I posted on my Goodreads review and I stand by it.  I read this book in one setting and I just kept wanting more and more.  Darby was a great main character and I loved her point of view.  



No comments:

Post a Comment