Monday, January 6, 2020

Our 20 Most Anticipated 2020 Releases

Ever since joining the ranks of Bookstagram a couple years ago, subscribing to some bookish podcasts, and overall just immersing ourselves into reading more again, we've started paying more attention to some upcoming releases.

Here's our list of 20 of our most anticipated 2020 releases (listed in order of release date).
All titles are linked to Goodreads if available.






One of Us is Next - Karen M. McManus 

Releases: January 7th 
Listed by: Jay & Meg

While I don’t remember much about the first book, I do remember that I flew through it! The Goodreads blurb for this book sounds so good! - Jay
I still have One of Us is Lying to read, but this sounds intriguing and I’ve been meaning to pick up Two Can Keep a Secret as well to add to my never-ending TBR.  - Meg

The Dead Girls Club - Damien Angelica Walters
Releases January 10th
Listed by: Jay

You’ll quickly learn one thing about me - I love thrillers. The whole concept behind his book is so creepy and interesting. I’ve heard so many great things from ARC readers about this book. I can’t wait to read it and find out the truth about what happened that night. 


American Dirt - Jeanine Cummins 
Releases January 21st 
Listed by: Jay

Honestly, I’ve just heard so much about this novel. It already has such hype that it’s hard not to get drawn in. I don’t know much about what it’s about, but what I do know is that it sounds like a modern treasure.




The Confetti Pact - Lilly Bartlett 
Releases February 12th
Listed by: Jay

I was approached by a fellow bookstagrammer (and later the author) to ask if I would be interested in reading an ARC of The Confetti Pact. Um, duh! It sounds super cute and fun. Plus, Sophie Kinsella calls it “Engaging and witty” so really, it’s a no brainer. (Updated: I've recently started this ARC and it's super great already!)


Let It All Burn - Denise Grover Swank
Releases February 18th
Listed by: Jay & Meg

Denise Grover Swank hasn’t exactly told us a release date for this book yet, but if you know anything about Denise you know how many books she puts out every year so we can only assume it’s a 2020 release. Plus, she’s letting people on Facebook name all the characters so there’s no way we could pass it up.


Wild at Heart - K.A.Tucker
Releases March 3rd
Listed by: Meg

One of our favorite authors, Colleen Hoover recommended the first book to us when we were at her book signing for All Your Perfects in KC a couple summers ago. We are looking forward to reading not only that one, but this one as well. 




Her Scream in the Silence - Denise Grover Swank
Releases March 10th
Listed by: Jay

As of this moment, I cannot find a Goodreads page for this book to link for you, but I promise this beauty exists! Denise talks about it every week in her newsletter. Just beware though, there is no way to pre-order this on Amazon. We’ll have to just watch for it.

I LOVED the first installment of the Carly Moore series and I truly can not wait to see what kind of trouble comes up next.


Darling Rose Gold - Stephanie Wrobel
Releases March 17th
Listed by: Jay

Honestly, I didn’t know what this book was about until prepping, but I had heard amazing things and this cover is gorgeous. Now that I’ve read the Goodreads blurb...WOW! I’m pumped!




Releases March 18th
Listed by: Jay

From Goodreads: This is the book Tara wished someone had given her and it is the book many of us desperately need: a candid, funny, practical guide to growing up and learning to love yourself in a non-throw-up-in-your-mouth-it's-so-cheesy way.

Need I say more? (Also, I just got an ARC of this and I'm super excited!)

The Sun Down Motel - Simone St. James
Releases March 18th
Listed by: Jay & Meg

I seriously feel like this book is all anyone has been talking about since last summer. I have no clue what it’s about, but I chose it for my January Book of the Month box, so I’ll let you know. - Jay

For me, the name conjures up more than one country song that I love - Papa Loved Mama by Garth Brooks and The No-Tell Motel by Aaron Watson. I'll be interested to see if it's anything like either of these songs. - Meg


You Are Not Alone - Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
Releases April 3rd
Listed by: Jay

Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkannen have become one of the duos I purposely look for when I look for new releases. I love their previous novels and I’m excited to see that we get a new one this year!






Whiskey - Molly McAdams
Releases April 6th
Listed by: Meg

The first book of this series, Fix, is my favorite Molly McAdams book to date.  I love Molly because not only are her books relatable, but she’s always so accessible to her readers and I love it. 





Something She's Not Telling Us - Darcey Bell
Releases April 7th
Listed by: Jay

I’m pretty sure I just saw this on a list somewhere, but it sounds good!






Always Enough - Kelly Elliott
Releases April 7th
Listed by: Meg

Never Enough, the first book in this series which came out late 2019 pulled at my heartstrings and featured a bullrider *swoon* I’m excited to see who from Never Enough is the focus of Always Enough.  Can’t wait to read this one! 





When The Bough Breaks - Denise Grover Swank
Releases May 21st
Listed by: Jay

We’ve been reading the Rose Gardner series ever since Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes. We can’t wait to see what comes up in this one!





One Foot in the Grave - Denise Grover Swank
Releases June 2nd
Listed by: Jay

This is the third installment of the Carly Moore series. The first one was awesome. The second one comes out in March (see above) and I’m already excited for the third!



What You Wish For - Katherine Center
Releases August 11th
Listed by: Jay

Katherine Center stole my heart with How to Walk Away and then again with Things You Save in a Fire, so when I heard about What You Wish For, I was already hooked. I also need to start looking into her backlist!




Untitled - Paula Hawkins
Releases October 3rd
Listed by: Jay

I don’t know what this book is about, nor does it matter because Paula Hawkins blew me away with The Girl on the Train and Into the Water





The Wrong Family - Tarryn Fisher
Releases December 29th
Listed by: Jay & Meg

We have literally NO IDEA what this one is about, but Tarryn hinted to its release during her Tuesdays with Tarryn on Instagram and to be frank, we will read anything this crazy villain chooses to publish.

We will read anything the TaCo friendship puts out, enough said. 


Untitled - Colleen Hoover
Releases December 31st
Listed by: Jay & Meg

Y’know how we said we will read anything Tarryn publishes? Ditto here. Colleen Hoover could re-write the phone book and we would have pre-ordered both the ebook and the physical copy just to sit down at midnight on release day to read it. No shame y’all. No shame.




There you have it - 20 books that we are super excited for this coming year! Special shoutout to a book we *think* is coming out this year, but we haven't gotten confirmation yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment