Wednesday, January 8, 2020

The Wives

If you stick around the blog long enough, which we totally hope you do, you’ll soon find out that both of us have a major love for anything that Tarryn Fisher or Colleen Hoover among others writes.  We both started our 2020 reading journey with The Wives by Tarryn and we both rated it 5 out of 5 stars.  


Jay says…
I am SO glad I started my decade off with The Wives by Tarryn Fisher. What I’m NOT glad  I did was wait so long to read this (Seriously, I won an ARC off Goodreads, but didn’t get to it until after publication day. What’s wrong with me?) The Wives is a story about Thursday, a girl who shares her husband with two other women. Although this is definitely not a topic I know much about apart from binge watching Big Love on HBO back in the day, I still found myself rooting for Thursday and hoping she really could win her man. Then, halfway through there was a twist I did not see coming which made me think the book was going in a whole different direction. THEN, the final twist was completely out of left field. But, unlike a lot of other recent thrillers, it was still 100% believable, which I think really made a difference. The Wives is my second stand-alone book written by Tarryn Fisher (the other being F*ck Marriage), but honestly it made me want to read her entire backlist. I already have the Love Me With Lies trilogy under my belt, as well as her Never Never with Colleen Hoover and Folsom (Jackal will be coming soon!), but I plan on spending some time in her backlist this year before she hits us with The Wrong Family in December!


Meg says….Jay makes a good point that I didn’t even realize, not only was The Wives the first book of my year, but of my decade.  What a great start! We read this together, although Jay finished a little bit ahead of me so there were a lot of what did we just read texts back and forth between us.  I haven’t read a book that had me so twisted up and questioning what I thought was happening since CoHo’s Verity back in 2018. I’m not sure if I was rooting more for Thursday before or after the twist I totally did not see coming.  I 100% recommend this book and will be reading as much of Tarryn’s backlist as I can this year. Even before reading a single one of her books, I was a part of her Passionate Little Nutcases group on Facebook. I not only love her books, but I strive to be more like the person she is each and every day.  She truly is a woman’s woman and someone a woman of any age can look up to.  


Tell us in the comments...have you had a five star read in 2020? Let us know what it was.  


Starting next Wednesday, we have a cool new feature over on Instagram that we hope you’ll come check out.


Until then,

Drink good coffee. Read good books. And charge your Kindle because we KNOW your battery is almost dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment