Friday, July 31, 2020

Five Star Friday - Whiskey

This week's Five Star read was read by Meg!


Synopsis from Goodreads: 
I’m the Dixon who left.
Through the good, bad, and worst imaginable, I stayed gone.
When I return home after a decade, I’m not surprised by the cold reception from my family... or my brother’s best friend.

Emberly Olsen.

I spent my childhood tormenting her.
Now these days with her feel like the cruelest sort of unintended revenge.
We’ve changed.
She’s changed.
Pure confidence and sensuality, but her pouty lips and heavy-lidded eyes scream contempt. And word around town? She’s untouchable.

But after sharing a few drinks, her snide comments turn teasing.
Sneers become smiles.
Huffs change to laughs.
Laughs to moans, sweeter than any sound.
Years of animosity ignite into carnal need and passion.

We can blame it on the whiskey.
I have a feeling we’ll try.
But we aren’t that drunk.

Genre? Contemporary Fiction/Romance

Backlist? No. Published April 6, 2020.

New to me Author? Nope!

Why I rated it 5 stars? 
Another great book by Molly McAdams. Loved getting to meet another Dixon brother. He made me swoon in a whole different way than Sawyer, but had me falling in love with him all the same. I'm also a complete sucker for a brother's best friend slash second chance romance and Emberley and Cayson delivered it in spades.  

No comments:

Post a Comment