Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The Best, The Worst, The Unexpected...Part 2

  


Hey everyone, its Meghan! The year 2020 is FINALLY behind us and I for one am glad to see it go! But, one good part of 2020 was the fact that, with most of the world shut down, I had way more time for reading. As a quick little wrap-up of my year in books, I thought I would introduce you to some of the best books I read this year, some of the worst books I read this year (in my opinion -- obviously others will love them and I greatly respect the authors for their time and their craft), and some of my reading stats.

Before we get to that, here's a quick wrap-up of my December reads:

One Tuesday Morning ☕☕☕☕
Beyond Tuesday Morning ☕☕☕☕
The Notebook Girls ☕☕☕
Beach Read ☕☕☕☕
Through the Lens ☕☕☕
Johnny Cash ☕☕☕☕




Ready? Let's go.

The Best...
Y'all, this category was SO HARD to choose books for!

Best Fiction: Things you Save in a Fire

Best Romance: Ties that Tether

Best Historical Fiction: I actually dont think I read a single historical fiction book in 2020 🤦‍♀️

Best Thriller: No Exit by Taylor Adams

Best Young Adult: Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman

Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy: I did not read a single sci-fi or fantasy book this year

Best Memoir: Know my Name by Chanel Miller

Best Classic: Nope. Again didn't read any classics 🤦‍♀️

Best Standalone Novel: I looooved The Book of Essie

Best Series: The Brew Series by Molly McAdams

Best Audiobook: I only listened to one, and that was A Mother's Reckoning




2020 Five Star Reads: 19


Just want to add a small disclaimer here. I'm using "The Worst" because it's what goes along with "The Best". But I know that just because a book doesn't work for me, doesn't mean it's a bad book. I firmly believe there are NO BAD BOOKS because obviously someone liked it to publish it. Authors are amazingly talented. These just weren't for me....

The Worst...

Least Liked Book I finished: Code Name Verity

2020 DNF: I didn't DNF a single book this year 


If 2020 was good for anything, it taught us that things don't always go as planned. Here's some twists I did not expect....
The Unexpected..

Book I thought I would love, but didn't:  The Notebook Girls

Book I thought I would hate, but loved: Big Summer

Most unexpected thriller twist: The Other Woman

Books over my Goodreads goal:  -9

Any other unexpected bookish happenings?
 Not that I can think of. 

And finally, if you're interested, some overall stats for the year...

2020 Reading Stats:

Total Physical Books Read: 25

Total ebooks Read: 65

Total Audiobooks Listened to: 1

Total Books Read/Listened to: 91

Total Pages Read: 27,577

Total Audiobook Minutes: 685

Number of Five Star Reads: 19

Number of DNFs: 0

Longest Book Read: 815..Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix

Longest Audiobook: A Mothers Reckoning

Number of Book of the Month Books Read: 3

Highest Goodreads Rating Read: Come Rain or Shine

Number of ARCs Read: 3

Challenges Completed: 3..Book Challenge by Erin 2x and the 2020 Book Hoarder Challenge

Total of "20 Most Anticipated Reads of 2020" Books Completed: 6/20. 


Don't think I forgot about my goals from the beginning of the year! Here's how they went...

1. Review each book I read
I was really good with this til November. I'd still say this one was a pass.

2. Read 100 books
91 books..not pass

3. Reach 500 followers on our Instagram
As of the publishing of this post, we are at 1,045. Pass!

4. Read at least 25 books that I bought prior to 2020.
23. Not Pass.

We are so looking forward to continuing on (and expanding with new ideas) our Bookstagram, Blog, and Facebook page going in to 2021. Keep an eye out for our 2021 Goals posts coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment