Saturday, January 9, 2021

2021 Book-ish Goals

Many readers that we know create reading goals for the year. For some, that may be to reach a certain number of books finished. Others want to tackle their huge TBR shelf. Some try to complete different challenges like Book Challenge by Erin, the POPSugar Reading Challenge, Book of the Month's new challenge, reading a book with a title for each letter of the alphabet....The list goes on.

We also like to set some goals and we'd like to share them with you to try to help keep ourselves accountable!

Jayme's 2021 Book-ish Goals

1. Complete 125 books.

2. Review all ARCs before publication date. (I know my current ARC was just published, but beyond this one this will be my goal.)
2a. Read/Review at least one ARC a month.

3. Read at least 2 of my Book of the Month books per month.

4. Read at least 5 classic novels (This was a goal last year and I only read one.)

5. Be more intentional with representation in my reads & using my tracker.
5a. Have 15% of my reads be written by male authors. (Last year = 12%)
5b. Have 20% of my reads be written by BIPOC authors. (Last year = 13%)
5c. Keep better track of my successful recommendation sources & successful publishers.

I'm also trying a few reading challenges this year - Book Challenge by Erin, POPSugar Reading Challenge 2021, and Book of the Month (which should be covered with #3).


Reviews Published


Meghan's 2021 Book-ish Goals


1. Complete 100 books

2. Complete 12 Audiobooks

3. Keep up-to-date on my tracker

4. Read one BOTM book a month

5. Read 25 of my personal backlist bought before this year.

6. Like Jayme's said have better representation in my reads
6a. Have 10% of my reads be written by male authors(I unfortunately quit tracking in June)
6b. Have 5% of my reads be written by BIPOC authors





No comments:

Post a Comment