Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Meg's Book Challenge by Erin 13.0 Update & Bonus Round

Remember when I posted my Book Challenge by Erin 13.0 list? Well, for the second time ever, I FINISHED IT (with plenty of time too!) Here's what I rated each book, as well as my list for the bonus round!





Ratings: 

Otherwise Engaged by Lindsay J. Palmer ☕☕☕
Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres ☕☕☕☕

After Anna by Lisa Scottoline ☕☕☕☕☕
One Foot in the Grave (Carly Moore #3) by Denise Grover Swank ☕☕☕☕☕
Steve and Me by Terri Irwin ☕☕☕☕
B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton ☕☕☕
The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon ☕☕☕☕☕
Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center ☕☕☕☕☕
Let's Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson (Mental Health)☕☕☕☕☕
Paper Towns by John Green ☕☕☕☕

Favorite Read: After Anna
Least Favorite Read: Otherwise Engaged
What surprised me?: Otherwise Engaged, I had heard it raved about in the book world and it just fell short for me.
I wouldn't have normally chosen to read: These books were actually all on my TBR list surprisingly, I just don't know if I would have prioritized to read them when I did.  4 of the ten books were 5 star reads though.  That just goes to show you I picked great books this go around.  On to the bonus round!  


Bonus Round List:


Freebie - Read any book that's at least 200 pages: Our Stop by Laura Jane Williams

Starts with an "S": The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton

Preposition in the Title: One To Watch by Kate Stayman-London

Odd Number in a Series: Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

Set in a Different Country: Bear Town by Fredrik Backman

Female Police Officer/Detective: Unsub by Meg Gardiner

Immigrant Main Character: I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sanchez

"Thing" in Title: Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

October themed: Dating You/Hating You by Christina Lauren

City/Town/Village in Title: Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews


43480010. sy475 40914164 53103895 16085481
52292127. sx318 sy475 32811580 29010395. sy475 23009402
32620304. sy475 23245594

It's not too late to join! The challenge runs through October 31st. If anything, it's fun to read through other people's lists to find more for my TBR!

[Side note from Jay -- I'm currently four books through my first round.]

No comments:

Post a Comment