Friday, March 27, 2020

The Holdout - Graham Moore

Thank you to NetGalley for the eARC!


Synopsis from Goodreads: In this twisty tale from Moore (The Sherlockian), the Academy Award-winning screenwriter of The Imitation Game, young juror Maya Seale is convinced that African American high school teacher Bobby Nock is innocent of killing the wealthy white female student with whom he appears to have been involved and persuades her fellow jurors likewise. Ten years later, a true-crime docuseries reassembles the jurors, and Maya, now a defense attorney, must prove her own innocence when one of them is found dead in Maya's room.

Genre? Mystery Thriller (More mystery than thriller)

Backlist? Publication date was February 18, 2020.

New to me Author? Yes.

What I thought: 
I really enjoyed reading The Holdout. It was a bit of a slow start, but it picked up quickly and held my attention. I liked the alternate timelines and the fact that we learned so much about so many characters, although we had one singular narrator throughout the story. I had to continually guess about how the story was going to end and I did NOT expect it at all. 4.25/5

No comments:

Post a Comment