Friday, February 7, 2020

Five Star Friday - Salem Falls

This week's Five Star read was read by Meg!

10915

Synopsis from Goodreads: Love can redeem a man... but secrets and lies can condemn him.

A handsome stranger comes to the sleepy New England town of Salem Falls in hopes of burying his past: once a teacher at a girls' prep school, Jack St. Bride was destroyed when a student's crush sparked a powder keg of accusation. Now, washing dishes for Addie Peabody at the Do-Or-Diner, he slips quietly into his new routine, and Addie finds this unassuming man fitting easily inside her heart. But amid the rustic calm of ?Salem Falls, a quartet of teenage girls harbor dark secrets - and they maliciously target Jack with a shattering allegations. Now, at the center of a modern-day witch hunt, Jack is forced once again to proclaim his innocence: to a town searching for answers. to a justice system where truth becomes a slippery concept written in shades of gray, and to the woman who has come to love him.

Genre? Literary fiction according to Amazon

Backlist? Yes. Publication date of April 3, 2001

New to me Author? Nope. I've read more than a few of Jodi's books.

Why I rated it 5 stars?  This book didn't suck me in right away, I had to wait about 100 pages, but then I was all in. I was committed; hook, line and sinker. I normally wouldn't give a book 5 stars that took me that long to get into, but I 100% did not see the twist coming. Jodi Picoult just has a way of writing that makes you want to keep reading up until the very last word has been consumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment